shabby blue bg

Saturday, May 8, 2010

What I'm working on...

Well, as my 3, make that 4, followers know :), I LOVE trying to make new things.  Unfortunately for my husband, that doesn't include new meals.  I really don't like cooking.  I've realized though, the reason is that I'm a social girl by nature, and when I cook, and clean in the kitchen, I'm pretty much all by myself for an hour or more.  It's lonely and I just don't like doing it.


It's not that I'm not a good cook, I cook pretty well, I come from a great line of Cajun cooks, so it is inherently in my blood.  It's just, well, there are just SO many other things I'd rather be doing, like making these sweet flowers!! Aren't they shabby and fabulous?  I'll call them 'Shabulous'!  Very time consuming, but I have that in spades, right?!


If you take a peak at this 'Shabulous' blog, you will see where I got the inspiration and the pattern for them. www.distinctdesign.blogspot.com

I love to make little accessories, and this is my newest.  I'm hoping to get better and better with them, so I can maybe make a couple of buck off them to buy more fabric to make more.  Yet, another thing for me to obsess about, and keep me from cooking dinner.

Well, so much for now.  I hope all you mom's have a FABULOUS weekend.  After all, it's Mother's Day WEEKEND, enjoy it and make those kids and spouses treat you like the Queen's you all are!

Lot's of Shabulous love!
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Let me start out by saying Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful, talented daughter. I can't really comment on the part about you being a good cook as I don't think I have ever tasted any of it. Well, except for your sweet potatoe casserole that I LOVE! Your flowers are very pretty, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are too cute! I love the white one! I can just see it with a little clip on the back in some little girl's hair! :)

    ReplyDelete